Who We Are
At Telefund, Michigan students call on our university alumni, parents, and friends to financially support one of the great universities in the world. We succeed because of our positive team environment, the strong professional development of our full time and student staff, and the continual pursuit of excellence that characterizes the University of Michigan. We have provided students with part-time fundraising jobs and an introduction to philanthropy since 1992!
What We Do
As part of the Annual Giving Department, our students are responsible for fundraising $2 million in gifts each year for schools, colleges and units across all three campuses. We ask alumni and friends to commitment to higher education and the future of the University of Michigan, financially.
Why You Should Work Here
- Make a difference for the University of Michigan! Our callers raise money to help to provide more scholarships and program support to ensure that future students can have a quality education.
- Connect with alumni! Hear their stories and experiences, and why they love being Wolverines!
- Build your communication, negotiation, and persuasion skills in a professional environment--leadership opportunities & opportunities for advancement are readily available!
What to Expect
Undergraduate student callers are required to work three regular shifts for a total of 12 hours per week and graduate student callers are required to work two regular shifts for a total of 8 hours per week, though more hours can be arranged. Starting pay is $9.25 per hour, with possible raises based on changes in responsibility or advancement.
- Sunday from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Monday through Thursday from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- Fridays from 5:30 to 9:30pm (in Fall term)
- Saturday from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m (in Winter and Spring/Summer terms)
Come join the Telefund family! Go Blue!