« Back to My Profile


Frequently Asked Questions


Gift and Records Administration Help

Call toll free: 1 888 518-7888
Local number: 734 647-6179
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Eastern time
Or email us anytime.

University's Official Name: Regents of the University of Michigan
Tax-Identification Number: 38-6006309


Gift Information
Please contact Gift and Records Administration with your questions about:

  • Your gifts to the University
  • Whether the University has received your gift and/or whether it has been processed
  • Information on a pledge reminder you received in the mail
  • How to make a credit card gift over the phone
  • Information on a gift receipt or whether you need a new receipt
  • Information on the processing of a credit card gift, a payroll deduction gift or a recurring gift

You can also view your giving history, open pledges, and recurring gifts on the My Pledges & Gifts section of this site (Note: you must be logged into the site to access this page).

If you're unable to find the fund you're looking for you can write in the name and/or 6 digit shortcode of your fund to make your gift. You can describe your area of interest in the box provided. We will assign your donation to the appropriate fund, which will be included on your official receipt.

Personal Information
Please contact Gift and Records Administration to notify us of:

  • A change in your marital status
  • A change of your home address or phone number
  • A change of your business address information
  • A change of your email address
  • The death of an alumna or alumnus

You can also update your name, address, email address, phone numbers, spouse/partner information and education information on our secure My Profile page (Note: you must be logged into the site to access this page).



Account Information

I would like to register. How can I get an account and password?
To register for this site you must have a uniqname or friend account and password.

What is a U-M Uniqname?
A U-M uniqname is your official U-M computing ID and may have been part of your @umich email address if you are an alumni/ae, faculty or staff. Your uniqname or friend account and password are required in order to login to your personal information on this site.

What is a Friend Account?
A Friend account is a U-M guest computing account. It allows someone who does not have a U-M uniqname and UMICH Kerberos password to authenticate to the U-M computing environment allowing them to log in to the environment and be identified. Friend accounts can be used by donors and friends of the University who are not alumni/ae, faculty or staff.

Why should I log out when I'm finished visiting this site?
As with all websites containing personal data, it is important to log out from your session to help keep your information secure.



Personal Information

How can I update my Alumni Record online?
You can update your profile online if you are logged into this site. Please note that while you can make changes, they may not be reflected for 3-5 business days.

How do I update my personal information if I don't have an account?

  • By email: Please contact Gift and Records Administration to submit your request. Title your changes "Alumni Record Update"
  • By U.S. mail or fax: Write your changes, indicate whether they are for home or business information and include a day telephone number. Mail or fax to:
    Gift & Records Administration, Development Services and Strategic Solutions
    3003 S. State Street, Suite 8000
    Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1288
    Fax: 734-647-6149
  • Or call Gift and Records Administration 734-647-6179

I recently made updates to my personal information and the changes are not appearing. What should I do?
All changes made to your record will be reflected within 3-5 business days.

How can I forward or redirect my umich.edu email address?

What is a preferred email address?
This address is where you would prefer to receive general University email correspondence. Please feel free to list other email addresses that would serve as alternate means of contact for University staff should the need arise.

What is U-M's policy on the use and release of personal information?
The University of Michigan is committed to protecting your personal privacy. You may wish to review the "Policy Regarding the Use and Release of Donor and Alumni/ae Information," developed by the Office of the Vice President for Development, taken from the U-M Standard Practice Guide section 602.05.



Quick Links