The University of Michigan Law Quad
Personal satisfaction is one of the best benefits you'll receive at the University of Michigan, but that's only the beginning. To ensure your professional satisfaction, we offer competitive wages and much, much more.
University Benefits at a Glance
- Retirement plan with a 2:1 University match
- Generous vacation plans plus holidays and season days
The following benefits programs are offered to permanent staff with at least 50% appointment.
- 8 extensive health plan options
- 3 dental plan options
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care and health care
Matthaei Botanical Gardens
- Tuition assistance for staff members
- Access to one of the best hospitals in the United States
- Faculty and Staff Assistance Program
- Wellness services and facilities, including three recreational centers with pools
- Mcard discounts from participating area vendors
- Free transportation on U-M and city busses (with Mcard)
For additional information about these benefits and others, visit the Human Resources and Affirmative Action Benefits website.
Benefits for Development Staff
- A strong focus on career development opportunities
- Flexible scheduling options for most positions
- The opportunity to work with professional, friendly people who enjoy their work
The University of Michigan Stadium
U-M offers amazing access to extraordinary resources that make us “Uniquely Michigan.” The more you explore, the more you’ll appreciate the tremendous offerings available to you as a member of this community.
Diverse Athletic and Artistic Programs
Experience Big Ten sporting events, or get a workout at one of three recreation centers. U-M also has a fabulous array of cultural activities—performances from the University Musical Society and the School of Music, Theatre & Dance, libraries and museums, lectures and seminars, and exceptional gardens. For more information, visit the Destination Ann Arbor page.
Staff at Michigan can participate in a range of campus organizations, such as:
Employees have access to a wealth of consulting and other services, including professional development counseling and coursework, family care resources and employee assistance programs. Learn more about your options: