How to Support
There are many ways to support the University of Michigan:
- Annual Gifts from alumni and friends provide immediately available support that is vital for the success of the University.
- Corporate Gifts, which are made through the assistance of our Business Engagement Center, provide companies with a gateway to the University of Michigan, one of the nation's leading research and higher-education institutions.
- Estate and Planned Gifts allow a donor to leave money or assets upon his or her death.
- The U-M’s more than 40,000 dedicated Faculty and Staff members can further the University mission and support an area for which they have a particular passion by making an annual gift.
- The Foundation Gifts that the University receives are the result of tireless efforts by the Office of Foundation Relations to initiate and cultivate relationships between the University and private organizations.
- In Kind Gifts such as book collections, artwork, equipment, or other valuable personal property are non-monetary donations that constitute another important avenue of Michigan support.
- You can increase your gift to U-M by making use of your company's matching gift program.
- Memorial and Tribute Gifts provide meaningful support for the U-M while allowing you to celebrate people and events that mean so much to you.
- As a Michigan parent, you can enrich the student experience by helping to support a wide array of programs across campus.
- Your reunion is a wonderful time to reaffirm your connection to Michigan by joining classmates in making a gift to the University.
- Gifts of publicly traded securities that have appreciated in value allow you to avoid capital gains taxes while also receiving a tax deduction for your gift.
- There are so many ways to stay engaged with the University of Michigan. Student gifts help sustain and enhance the Michigan legacy for generations to come.
The University of Michigan has 501(c)(3) non-profit tax exempt status; our federal tax ID number is 38-6006309.